Click on a link below to find out more

  • Building Insurance

    It is a landlord's responsibility to ensure the building is adequately insured (if you own a leasehold property, the buildings insurance is normally arranged through the freeholder). There are several specialist insurance products available to landlords and not all buildings insurance policies will be suitable for rented properties.

    You should make sure your insurance policy covers you for public and third party liability. This covers claims made against you arising from accidents due to defects at the property. Your policy should remain in place during any void periods (times that the property is empty between lets).

    Policies designed specifically for landlords may also cover loss of rent and re-letting costs if your tenant/s have to move out following a claim.

  • Contents Insurance

    Although tenants will be responsible for insuring their own contents, you may wish to take a landlord's contents insurance policy to cover any of your own contents (such as carpets, curtains, light fittings and kitchen white goods) that may not be covered under your buildings insurance policy.

  • Rental Guarantee

    Even the best tenants can fall on hard times. Most defaults occur because a tenant's circumstances change. The average length of time it takes to evict a tenant who does not pay the rent is five months.

    On top of the loss of rent, it can cost many thousands in solicitor and court costs to evict a tenant. Landlords can insure against loss of rent and the cost of evicting the tenant/s through the courts.

    Questions about guaranteeing your rental income? Call us on 01903 286990.